This function creates DDL source code to create a database in a
DBMS using a prepared E-R model.
- Click eXERD > Forward Engineering.
- [Step 1]Open a Forward Engineering Wizard. Specify the
options for DDL creation.
- DDL Creation Option in case of Oracle
* Oracle does not provide schema creation syntax. You must first create the schema in the DBMS before proceeding.
- DDL Creation Option in case of SQL Server
- DDL Creation Option in case of DB2
- DDL Creation Option in case of MySQL
- DDL Creation Option in case of PostgreSQL
Tip! If you save the composition of specified options, you can
reuse them later.
- [Step 2] Choose a target model to create DDL. You can
choose tables based on a schema(model) or a diagram.
- [Step 3] The DDL created based on the specified options are displayed. You can copy or save them as a file.
- [Step 4] In case of running DDL in the wizard, keep
proceeding and set DBMS connection.
- [Step 5] Execute DDL on DBMS.