This function gets E-R model from the DBMS objects via reverse
- Select eXERD > Reverse Engineering.
- [Step 1] Open Reverse Engineering Wizard. Specify the
file name and the target DBMS.
- [Step 2] Enter the database connecting information and
check the status of the connection with [ Test Connection ].
Define the settings by referring to JDBC Driver
- [Step 3] Specify which objects to obtain from reverse
engineering and set owner option.
- Click [ Finish ] button and it will start the reverse
- Performance information of reverse
engineering is recorded in Console view.
- For newly added models, Diagram Creation Wizard is
co-executed and proceeds the task.
You can change the name of the diagram, or add/exclude target
- On finishing the reverse engineering, new schemas and models
are added in the Model View.
For the added models, you can either add to a new diagram by drag &
drop to the eXERD editor, or add to an existing diagram.